A Grain Formerly Known As Rice

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Titles Are Not Worthy

Today, I missed church because I overslept. Ever since my parents started going to this church I have relied on them to wake me up... mom had to work... so that left me asleep. I was feeling pretty stupid and just letting the devil totally take advantage of this. So, I read my devotional and started doing other things for like 2 minutes. Then, I just got this overwhelming, light-headed desire to praise God. So, I began my quiet time and was just praising Him. I remember Pastor saying after we sang songs... do you really want what you sing... the particular song was about seeing Jesus. PT said that anyone who has ever seen God has gone away changed. I was sitting there... and I truly wish to see God's presence and earnestly and irreversibly go away changed. I just worshiped God the whole time... I didn't want to ask him for anything or for advice... I just wanted to seek after Him. (yea, I may be going pretty fast... or maybe dreadfully slow... but I want to be sure I get this all in before I delete it for my lack of superior writing) I can honestly say throughout this whole quiet time I ment every single word I said, praised, and worshiped, to Him. I was praying and I asked God, how can I serve you. He said, "Go into all the world..." Everyone knows what that means... and if you don't... well I do... and I know Alex does, too! I tend to look at life as a big adventure filled with smaller yet significant adventures, such as getting married, going to college, being a doctor, starting a family... but I now know that the greatest and most important adventure will be seeking out and doing the work which God has layed before me to accomplish... and let me tell you, I am ecstatic!! I wouldn't have missed this quiet time for anything... it was, in a word, unforgettable!! Well, I love Jesus... ME

Verse of the Post: Then Peter came to Him and said, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?" Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven."

5 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

MARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARiAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARLAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmoriahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmaviahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMERIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariaMYRIAHmariahMARIAHmariohMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariuhMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariah

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

Darn it won't show it all

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

MARIAHmariahMARiAHmariahMARIAHmariah
mariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAH
MARLAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmarioh
mariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAH
MARIAHmaviahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmarieh
mariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAH
MARIYHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariah mariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariohMARIAH
MARIAHmariuhMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariah
mariahMARIAHmariahMARIAHmariahMARIAH

Alex

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Mrs Edgey said...

MARIAHmariahMARIAH
WHENareYOUgoingTOwrite?
IamBORED!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you just buy an alarm clock and set it for whatever the devil time you need to be at church. Take the initiative to become an adult, and take some of the pressure off of your parents making them wake you up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home